- The Australia Council is looking for a new CEO
- Charlie Jane Anders has a great post about How to Write For Money without Selling Out over on i09
- Sophie Masson on Writing an Outline for Writer’s Unboxed.
- Alan Baxter on The Importance of Research
- Publishing Perspectives has some useful keystroke tips designed to speed up your processes while you’re working on a computer
- Brain Pickings lists 8 Great Pieces of Writing Advice from Kurt Vonnegutt and another post featuring advice from F. Scott Fitzgerald
- 99U on maximizing your creativity by switching tasks
- Michael Pryor has 5 Tips for Revising and Editing your work
UNDERSTANDING THE INDUSTRY
- Publishing Perspective has an article about literary start-up Plympton and their experience selling e-serials on the kindle; also worth reading is 10 Strategies for Publishers to Succeed and Survive
- Router’s has an article about a legal case surrounding media’s use of photographs tweeted during the 2010 Haiti earthquake
- The Shazkin Files takes a look at ebook sales stats and the difficulties of interpreting current data
- Writer Unboxed has 7 Ways Twitter is an Endless Writer’s Holiday Party and a great post about Resolutions to Tweet Better in 2013
- Brad Phillips notes 5 Things Bad Radio Guests Do (and 7 Ways to Rock on Radio)
- Jane Friedman’s post on Commodity Publishing, Self Publishing, and The Future of Fiction makes for some fascinating reading, with some very interesting responses in the comments
- The Kobo Writinglife blog weighs in on Power Pricing for ebooks.
And that’s the fry-up for this week. As always, we’re interested in hearing about any links we may have missed in the comments, and we hope you have a great weekend of writing ahead of you.