The AWM team is off to GenreCon this weekend – if you’re a genre writer in the Sydney area, come check us out. For everyone else, here’s a handful of tasty writing and publishing links to get you through the weekend:
- The program for Melbourne’s NonfictionNow conference will be running November 21 – 24. Program details are available now.
- Stroppy Authors guide to publishing is teaching folks how to speak publisher. This week – F is for Flat Fee.
- Dan Blank discusses authors building support teams over on Writer Unboxed.
INDUSTRY NEWS & COMMENTARY
- The Board of the Eleanor Dark Foundation Ltd has appointed a new Chief Executive Officer for Varuna The Writers’ House. Jansis O’Hanlon will take up the position in late November, 2012.
- Jane Friedman asks Do Publishers Need to Add Offer More Value to Authors? as an accompaniment to her piece The Future of the Author-Publisher Relationship.
- Joel Noaoum on why Momentum dropped DRM from their ebooks and who really owns your electronic bookshelf?
- Jason Sizemore of US-based Apex Book Company explains why he runs a genre magazine and proposes we read more short fiction
- A bit of a retro link for this one, but we find that Jane Friedman’s definition of Author Platform is worth revisiting from time to time.
And that’s the fry-up for this week. As always, we’re interested in hearing about any links we may have missed in the comments, and we hope you have a great weekend of writing ahead of you.